Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Mid-2020 Update

Wew okay here are some updates in my life right now. So many things mm

I survived my last sem alhamdulillah. I honestly thought it was going to be my toughest, but tbh it was easier than my first sem. I dropped the programming mod after first lesson cause wtf were they even talking about i couldnt catch any ball. It was a core mod, and i have to pick 4/5 core mods to take in this course, looks like that will be the mod i drop haha. I took the NEA mod instead, coupled w ATP which wasn't so bad since i took the maths sem in sem 1 and they're sort of linked and i cant rmb my last mod hmm. Oh yes it was the instrument one, ez pz alhamdulillah.

Covid let us S/U one mod and i su-ed the ATP mod since thats a core mod. Which i scored a C in purely cause i was very unmotivated to study and i was quietly confident of passing. This upcoming sem will be tough: 1) Thermo (i am gonna say this is the toughest mod in the dept for both undergrad and postgrad level based on mod reviews and past experience w thermo, 2) another technical elective (not ez since there's no more environment related mods) 3) a UEM hopefully from public health! But the biggest reason why this will be tough is cause it'll be 100% elearning and thus discipline is required haha.

InshaaAllah khair.

Jodoh wise, the syawal meet up never materialised due to covid. Mum called P's mom and they were many misunderstandings haha. Lesson learnt man the longer the chain of communication, the more the possibility of miscomm. Looks like tunang will be end year and nikah in may 2022.

Life post-covid has been nothing short of amazing alhamdulillah. Not only is WFH such a blessing since i can do my own stuff while leaving my laptop/work skype online, but i can wake up late (8.20!!!! Alhamdulillah), i can do daily zikir alhamdulillah, i spent the holy month of Ramadhan and Zulhijjah at home alhamdulillah, i can help out at home alhamdulillah and i can really look like im working all the way alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah really for this amazing blessing.

I got called up for EO duty, which was fun and ez alhamdulillah. I have a 3 week shift coming up but no biggie inshaaAllah

Elections were a surprise, but a blessing as well as we cud enjoy the election at home and w colleagues over WA. A won the FA cup alhamdulillah

Life has been great all around.

Mr J is leaving us for another job. Which is sad but entirely expected; another Mr J is coming in and honestly i cannot find another more suitable person to takeover his role in my pov, esp now t&c is coming up 

I am very satisfied w my insurance coverage now i think, alhamdulillah. Have learnt a lot as well. Let me also make it clear here that if anth happens to me, please make a claim at Aviva and GE for a M each within 60 days (or 6 months?). The nominations for GE have been made. Aviva takyah cause its a group insurance so they'll distribute according to state faraid. 

I must say that diff FA have diff standards of halal and haram. I have discussed w at least 5 muslim FAs and they all have varying degrees of halalness for their investments. Some say halal is based on insurance-level, some say its further based on sector-level (healthcare, technology), some say its even further based on actl shares and stock-level. Some say (like me) to just stay away entirely haha. So all my coverage are term insurances, and non-participating in nature.

I helped S and R matchmake (w diff ppl!) But to no avail. I am more bummed R though cause she is such a gud catch. I was given a choice to match both S and R tgt but tbh i think R deserves better. B too. I hope it turns out well for the 3 of them, B esp, i hope she finds someone gud.

My brother is buying a new house. Quite cool. Seems like hes done the math so das cool also. Im quite worried abt his investments tho - ill talk to him abt it tmrw inshaaAllah

A got engaged to S. Alhamdulillah. I am regretting confessing to A 3 years ago and throwing a spanner into A & S r/s at that time but alhamdulillah things worked out well in the end. I congratulate-ed both of them the night they got engaged and they both seem cool about it.


Restructuring is done and tbh i dun have high hopes for it. I dun have high hopes in J getting me CEP 9 as well but i have faith that Allah swt will ordain whats best for me. Alhamdulillah.

Im pretty bummed out tonight tbh; initially P wanted to apply under MGPS w her mum but i guess that was too big of a mountain to climb for them. Looks like we're stuck w that 5% chance again like the rest of the applicants for the BTO ballot. I have faith Allah swt will grant us the best for us too inshaaAllah.

Tmrw we have a sharing on the restructuring which i really do not have optimism that itll turn out to be an enriching sesh. I do have hope that the prof for the PH mod will get back to me soon cause i really wanna take a public health mod this sem. This sem starts next week and im hoping it will be great inshaaAllah

I hope NDP rally will have gud news for bto applicants this weekend too.

All in all, i must say that life has been great alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah thumma alhamdulillah ala kulli hal. I feel like tearing up seeing how great it is right now alhamdulillah

May it carry on for many many decades to come inshaaAllah


Till next time peeps! Oh yeah; M is applying his MsC too and i hope he perseveres and carries thru all the way w faith and strength inshaaAllah. 

InshaaAllah khair.

Alhamdulillah :) happy Muharram too ia akan menjelang tidak lama lagi

PS Halo infinite looks awesome and i cant wait to play it!!! End of the year release inshaaAllah

Also i applied to be part of LPM of MI but no news, i applied to be a GR volunteer at PR but no news either (i wanted a priority scheme for the future bto launches). Nvm, alhamdulillah ala kulli hal, perhaps tmrw i will explore another place to volunteer at. MG perhaps?

We'll see. Wassalam peeps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment